Tuesday, October 6

i went to see you today at healthcare. you looked great. i expected you to look sick - seem sick, but you don't. you looked rested and healthy. the first thing you said to me was, "i miss Poppy so much." "i know, so do i. i think about him all the time," was all i could say before the tears welled up. and you said, "he used to come check on me. i miss him checking on me."

i do, too. i know he would be checking on you if he were here, but i like to think that he's around in some way. you might not see him or hear him, but i hope you feel him.

i walked out into the fall night air and saw a gray cat on the sidewalk. i reached out to pet it and barely brushed it's back before it walked away. it wouldn't let me get close enough to touch it again. i wonder if that was Poppy's way of letting me know he's near.


i believe he is, Maunga. i pray that in in moments of deepest sorrow and in times of sweet nostalgia, you believe he's still near.

No comments:

Post a Comment