Sunday, July 17

got a call today. my friend, michelle, went by to visit you. she told me she was going to. said that she wanted to tell you how much she loves your family and how much they (me, mom, kelley) have meant to her. and that means the world to me. i hope you could hear her. she said that when she said my name and mom's name, your mouth twitched a little. i hope you know how much you mean to so many people. people you've never met before. stories have been told, prayers have been said, hugs have been given. your legacy lives far beyond your reach.

michelle called to say that the nurse was there and said you probably wouldn't make it through the night. i had a feeling that would be the case. today i pray for release. i pray for comfort (as always). and i pray for our family.

and i rejoice. i drove down the interstate, listening to hymns and praise songs. the sun was bright, the air was warm and the clouds were deep. that kind of depth that hypnotizes me, makes me think that if i stared hard enough and long enough, i'd be able to see far enough. i imagined you leaving. well, really, i imagined you arriving. reuniting. humbly bowing.

how great thou art
‎when Christ shall come with shouts of acclamation
and take me home what joy shall fill my heart
then i shall bow in humble adoration
and there proclaim, "my God how great Thou art!"

No comments:

Post a Comment